Northwest Environmental Business Council
NAIOP - Commercial Real Estate Development Association
Washington State Department of Ecology
October 2, 2014
8:30 am - 5:00 pm (reception following)
DoubleTree Hotel - Seattle Airport
18740 International Blvd., Seattle, WA 98188
Making Transactions Happen. The improving real estate market, along with a shortage of developable land, is placing renewed attention on properties with real or perceived environmental challenges. Despite potentially contaminated soil or groundwater, these sites can provide attractive opportunities for those who know how to manage the challenges of assessment and cleanup, and how to collaborate with the private parties and public agencies involved in transforming contaminated land into viable real estate projects.
Re-Using Contaminated Land is a focused one-day educational conference bringing together developers, property owners, clean-up professionals, environmental regulators, municipalities, and others involved in returning properties to productive use. The content highlights the special challenges involved in redeveloping contaminated properties, with the goal of helping facilitate these transactions. Three educational tracks will cover:
- Development Issues & Tools
- Public Sector Strategies
- Cleanup Approaches & Technologies
PLUS: Pre-Conference Course
An Introduction to Brownfields Redevelopment [info]
Who Should Attend
• Gain an up-to-date perspective on redevelopment strategies & opportunities.
• Increase your understanding of the nuts-and-bolts of project development on contaminated land.
• Learn what it takes to effectively manage transactions - and how to work with regulators & service providers.
• Uncover sources of funding, and how to get it.
• Meet and network with leading experts, colleagues, potential partners & customers.
• Property owners - private & public
• Project developers & financiers
• Construction firms
• Local government & economic development staff
• Environmental & civil engineers
• Consultants, attorneys & other service providers
• Government regulatory agencies
See list of Continuing Education Credits
Thank You to Our Sponsors & Exhibitors
Click on logo below to visit sponsor's site.
[Click on Name to Visit Exhibitor's Website]
Conestoga-Rovers & Associates
DeNovo Constructors, Inc.
GEI Consultants, Inc.
Maul Foster & Alongi
NRC Environmental Services, Inc.
Olympic Environmental Equipment, LLC
Pace Analytical Services, Inc.
Restorical Research, LLC
SoundEarth Strategies, Inc.
TerraGraphics Environmental Engineering, Inc.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 10